This is the second in a three-part series about search keywords and how they relate to your website. Today we will discuss how to measure keyword performance on your site.
Brian Chiou and Jillian Kuhn will be hosting these collaborative screencasts once every two weeks, focusing on topics that are important to you and your website.
Keywords: Understand, Analyze, and Make Decisions
Part II: Measuring Performance of Keywords
Understanding the Google Analytics Keyword Report
- Two keyword metrics you should definitely pay attention to: visits and bounce rate
- The relationship between customer intent, page purpose, and website purpose – and how you can use it to lower your bounce rate
- A side-by-side comparison of different keywords and an analysis of their performance
Make sure to check out Part 1 of this series and then come back in two weeks for Part 3. Please comment with any feedback or questions – and thanks again for watching!
Past screencasts by Brian & Jillian:
- What are Keywords & Why are They Important? (Part 1 of this series)
- Tracking internal site search with Google Analytics
- Using Internal Site Search report in Google Analytics