This is the first in a three-part series about search keywords and how they relate to your website. Today we will discuss the basics of keywords: what they are, and why they are important to you.
This is the
first (of many) collaborative screencasts by Brian Chiou and Jillian Kuhn. We
will be hosting a screencast once every two weeks about topics that are important to you and your website.
Keywords: Understand, Analyze, and Make Decisions
Part I: Understanding Keywords
- What search keywords mean to the visitor and to the website administrator
- How keywords demonstrate customer intent
- How to judge customer intent and decide which users to engage
- Understanding which keywords matter to your website or business
- The different types of keywords, including Branded vs. No-Brand
Please use the comments section for any feedback, recommendations, or questions. Thanks again for watching!
Past screencasts by Brian:
- Tracking internal site search with Google Analytics
- Using Internal Site Search report in Google Analytics