Newfangled is seeking an experienced Account Manager to join our team. Account Managers play a critical role in maintaining and fostering client relationships, while ensuring that our digital marketing strategies are seamlessly executed. They are the primary point of contact for assigned accounts and lead clients through the Newfangled onboarding process and subsequent monthly marketing meetings. They are also responsible for coordinating strategic planning, implementation, and assessment of our digital marketing campaigns. Newfangled Account Managers have strong organizational and relational skills, an exceptional understanding of the digital marketing landscape, and the ability to articulate complex strategies and concepts effectively.
The Five Functions of the Account Manager’s Role:
- Client Relationship Management
- Marketing Strategy Coordination
- Campaign Performance Reporting
- Coordination with Internal Teams
- Upselling and Cross-Selling Services
Client Relationship Management
As the primary point of contact for assigned clients, Account Managers are expected to build and maintain strong client relationships. This includes understanding the client’s business goals, communicating effectively, and responding to their needs promptly. Account Managers lead monthly marketing meetings with their clients and liaise with clients in between monthly meetings as needed.
Marketing Strategy Coordination
Account Managers collaborate with a team of discipline-specific experts to coordinate the development and implementation of digital marketing strategies for clients. This involves understanding the client’s business objectives and working with the account team to build smart digital marketing strategies that support those client goals.
Campaign Performance Reporting
Account Managers collaborate with the account team to understand the details of marketing performance for each campaign and then report on that performance to clients. At times, they may choose to pull in discipline-specific experts to unpack reports in detail with the client. This process involves understanding the insights elevated by the account team in the reports and effectively presenting these findings to clients. Account Managers offer insights into the data and propose changes or improvements as needed.
Coordination with Internal Teams
Collaboration with various internal teams, such as paid media, content strategy, email marketing, and content development experts, is a key part of this role. Account Managers communicate effectively with these teams to make sure that marketing campaigns are executed on time and in line with the agreed-upon strategies.
Upselling and Cross-Selling Services
In addition to managing existing accounts, Account Managers are also expected to identify opportunities for upselling and cross-selling Newfangled’s services. This requires a deep understanding of our offerings, the ability to identify clients’ needs, and the skills to present potential solutions effectively.
You’re probably a fit for this position if you:
- Have 5+ years of account management experience under your belt
- Have a knack for understanding complex marketing strategies and explaining them to others
- Are confident in managing and nurturing multiple client relationships
- Consider yourself great with people and take pride in your communication skills
- Know how to multitask and manage your time autonomously and efficiently
- Aren’t intimidated by working under a deadline
- Are articulate, charismatic, and poised, even when feeling under pressure
- Have successfully led the coordination of internal teams before
- Would describe yourself as thoughtful, proactive, and able to keep track of details
Why you should want to work at Newfangled:
- Full individual health and dental insurance
- $50,000 life insurance benefit, plus long and short-term disability
- 401k with matching up to 4%
- Profit share bonus system
- Smartphone reimbursement
- Health/wellness program reimbursement
- 9 company holidays, plus a week-long break between Christmas and New Year’s and another week-long summer break
- Annual company retreat
- “Take it as you need it” PTO policy
- Paid 4 week sabbatical every 5 years
- Fully remote company
- Paid family leave (after 1 year of employment)
- The opportunity to do meaningful work at a place that sincerely values the success and happiness of its employees and clients alike’
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter to apply.